Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Raneem El Welily unveiled as squash World Number One
Raneem El Welily has been unveiled as the new squash World Number One, ending Nicol David’s 9-year reign at the top.
Raneem, 26, climbed one spot from her previous ranking, leapfrogging Malaysian Nicol David to become the first-ever Egyptian woman to top the PSA rankings since their inception in 1983.
She is also the first Egyptian woman to top the rankings of any professional sport, ever.
— PSA World Tour (@PSAWorldTour) September 1, 2015
The Egyptian recently took part in the 2015 Egyptian Squash Open, and won the tournament after beating Nouran Gohar in the final.
Two months earlier, Raneem claimed the first Alexandrian Women’s International Squash Open, after defeating compatriot Omneya Abdel-Kawy 3-0 with relative ease.
One week later, she sat down with King Fut for an interview, in which she talked about her title, Alexandria, and squash as a sport.
You can see the latest PSA rankngs here.