In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
Raneem El Welily unveiled as squash World Number One
Raneem El Welily has been unveiled as the new squash World Number One, ending Nicol David’s 9-year reign at the top.
Raneem, 26, climbed one spot from her previous ranking, leapfrogging Malaysian Nicol David to become the first-ever Egyptian woman to top the PSA rankings since their inception in 1983.
She is also the first Egyptian woman to top the rankings of any professional sport, ever.
— PSA World Tour (@PSAWorldTour) September 1, 2015
The Egyptian recently took part in the 2015 Egyptian Squash Open, and won the tournament after beating Nouran Gohar in the final.
Two months earlier, Raneem claimed the first Alexandrian Women’s International Squash Open, after defeating compatriot Omneya Abdel-Kawy 3-0 with relative ease.
One week later, she sat down with King Fut for an interview, in which she talked about her title, Alexandria, and squash as a sport.
You can see the latest PSA rankngs here.