AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Raneem El Welily unveiled as squash World Number One
Raneem El Welily has been unveiled as the new squash World Number One, ending Nicol David’s 9-year reign at the top.
Raneem, 26, climbed one spot from her previous ranking, leapfrogging Malaysian Nicol David to become the first-ever Egyptian woman to top the PSA rankings since their inception in 1983.
She is also the first Egyptian woman to top the rankings of any professional sport, ever.
— PSA World Tour (@PSAWorldTour) September 1, 2015
The Egyptian recently took part in the 2015 Egyptian Squash Open, and won the tournament after beating Nouran Gohar in the final.
Two months earlier, Raneem claimed the first Alexandrian Women’s International Squash Open, after defeating compatriot Omneya Abdel-Kawy 3-0 with relative ease.
One week later, she sat down with King Fut for an interview, in which she talked about her title, Alexandria, and squash as a sport.
You can see the latest PSA rankngs here.