Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Song rejoins West Ham on loan
Retired Cameroon international Alex Song has made a second loan move to West Ham United, after also spending last season on loan in the Premier League.
Song, 27, was loaned by Barcelona to West Ham in August 2014 after being deemed surplus to requirements at the Catalan club.
He went on to make 28 league appearances for the Hammers last season, and his performances were lauded by both fans and critics.
— West Ham United FC (@whufc_official) September 1, 2015
The midfielder announced his international retirement last January, and expressed his wish to focus on his West Ham career. The decision came after a calamitous showing at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, in which Cameroon lost all three Group A matches. Song’s only memorable moment from the tournament was punching Mario Mandžukić in the back, an offence that saw him banned for the remainder of the tournament.