Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Ivorian winger Max Gradel suffers ACL tear
Ivorian international winger Max Gradel is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in a Barclays Premier League match against Leicester City on Saturday.
Bournemouth new signing will be ruled out for at least 6 months after scans confirmed the injury. The Ivorian winger and will now need an ACL reconstruction surgery to repair the damaged ligament.
Gradel’s injury is a huge blow for the Cherries as he recently joined the club during this summer transfer window for a reported fee of 7 million pounds (US$10.72 million) from Ligue 1’s Saint Etienne. He is their second most expensive signing behind young defender Tyrone Mings.
It is worth noting that the Cherries have already signed Crystal Palace’s striker Glenn Murray on a three-year deal on transfer deadline day in an effort to accommodate for Gradel’s absence.