Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Ivorian winger Max Gradel suffers ACL tear
Ivorian international winger Max Gradel is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in a Barclays Premier League match against Leicester City on Saturday.
Bournemouth new signing will be ruled out for at least 6 months after scans confirmed the injury. The Ivorian winger and will now need an ACL reconstruction surgery to repair the damaged ligament.
Gradel’s injury is a huge blow for the Cherries as he recently joined the club during this summer transfer window for a reported fee of 7 million pounds (US$10.72 million) from Ligue 1’s Saint Etienne. He is their second most expensive signing behind young defender Tyrone Mings.
It is worth noting that the Cherries have already signed Crystal Palace’s striker Glenn Murray on a three-year deal on transfer deadline day in an effort to accommodate for Gradel’s absence.