Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Ivorian winger Max Gradel suffers ACL tear
Ivorian international winger Max Gradel is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in a Barclays Premier League match against Leicester City on Saturday.
Bournemouth new signing will be ruled out for at least 6 months after scans confirmed the injury. The Ivorian winger and will now need an ACL reconstruction surgery to repair the damaged ligament.
Gradel’s injury is a huge blow for the Cherries as he recently joined the club during this summer transfer window for a reported fee of 7 million pounds (US$10.72 million) from Ligue 1’s Saint Etienne. He is their second most expensive signing behind young defender Tyrone Mings.
It is worth noting that the Cherries have already signed Crystal Palace’s striker Glenn Murray on a three-year deal on transfer deadline day in an effort to accommodate for Gradel’s absence.