Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Ivorian winger Max Gradel suffers ACL tear
Ivorian international winger Max Gradel is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in a Barclays Premier League match against Leicester City on Saturday.
Bournemouth new signing will be ruled out for at least 6 months after scans confirmed the injury. The Ivorian winger and will now need an ACL reconstruction surgery to repair the damaged ligament.
Gradel’s injury is a huge blow for the Cherries as he recently joined the club during this summer transfer window for a reported fee of 7 million pounds (US$10.72 million) from Ligue 1’s Saint Etienne. He is their second most expensive signing behind young defender Tyrone Mings.
It is worth noting that the Cherries have already signed Crystal Palace’s striker Glenn Murray on a three-year deal on transfer deadline day in an effort to accommodate for Gradel’s absence.