Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Libya against Cape Verde moved to Egypt
Egypt’s Minister of Sport has confirmed that Egyptian authorities have agreed to host the Libyan national team’s match against Cape Verde for 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The match is to be held next Sunday in the Cairo Military Stadium, after the Ministry of Defence agreed to use its own facilities to host the match. Despite the accommodations, a firm stance has been taken and fans will not be permitted to attend the match.
The game will be held in Cairo due to the deteriorating state of security in Libya.
Libya currently lie in 3rd place in their AFCON 2017 qualifying group after losing 1-0 to African giants Morocco in June.
Cape Verde however are top of the group as they dealt minnow São Tomé and Principe a heavy 6-0 defeat.