Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
VIDEO: Egypt’s Bassiouny nets hattrick in Austria
Egyptian youngster Mohamed Bassiouny scored a hat-trick for his club FK Austria Wien in an U-18 match against AKA Vorarlberg.
17-year-old Bassiouny who plies his trade at Austrian club Austria Wien, managed to score a hat-trick for his team’s U-18 side in a five-goal mauling of AKA Vorarlberg, the first match in the league.
The player starred for the club’s U-16 side last season as well as getting picked on a few occasions to the U-18 squad, but this season he has been reinstated to the U-18 side. In addition, Bassiouny was picked several times already to train with Wien’s first-team squad.
Following his superb showing, Bassiouny was widely praised in news outlets in Austria.
Bassiouny who never represented Egypt or Austria before, had an offer from Bundesliga side Schalke 04 earlier in the summer but decided to remain one more year with Austria Wien to see how things will go.