Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
VIDEO: Egypt’s Bassiouny nets hattrick in Austria
Egyptian youngster Mohamed Bassiouny scored a hat-trick for his club FK Austria Wien in an U-18 match against AKA Vorarlberg.
17-year-old Bassiouny who plies his trade at Austrian club Austria Wien, managed to score a hat-trick for his team’s U-18 side in a five-goal mauling of AKA Vorarlberg, the first match in the league.
The player starred for the club’s U-16 side last season as well as getting picked on a few occasions to the U-18 squad, but this season he has been reinstated to the U-18 side. In addition, Bassiouny was picked several times already to train with Wien’s first-team squad.
Following his superb showing, Bassiouny was widely praised in news outlets in Austria.
Bassiouny who never represented Egypt or Austria before, had an offer from Bundesliga side Schalke 04 earlier in the summer but decided to remain one more year with Austria Wien to see how things will go.