Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Egypt’s Bassiouny nets hattrick in Austria
Egyptian youngster Mohamed Bassiouny scored a hat-trick for his club FK Austria Wien in an U-18 match against AKA Vorarlberg.
17-year-old Bassiouny who plies his trade at Austrian club Austria Wien, managed to score a hat-trick for his team’s U-18 side in a five-goal mauling of AKA Vorarlberg, the first match in the league.
The player starred for the club’s U-16 side last season as well as getting picked on a few occasions to the U-18 squad, but this season he has been reinstated to the U-18 side. In addition, Bassiouny was picked several times already to train with Wien’s first-team squad.
Following his superb showing, Bassiouny was widely praised in news outlets in Austria.
Bassiouny who never represented Egypt or Austria before, had an offer from Bundesliga side Schalke 04 earlier in the summer but decided to remain one more year with Austria Wien to see how things will go.