Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
VIDEO: Egypt’s Bassiouny nets hattrick in Austria
Egyptian youngster Mohamed Bassiouny scored a hat-trick for his club FK Austria Wien in an U-18 match against AKA Vorarlberg.
17-year-old Bassiouny who plies his trade at Austrian club Austria Wien, managed to score a hat-trick for his team’s U-18 side in a five-goal mauling of AKA Vorarlberg, the first match in the league.
The player starred for the club’s U-16 side last season as well as getting picked on a few occasions to the U-18 squad, but this season he has been reinstated to the U-18 side. In addition, Bassiouny was picked several times already to train with Wien’s first-team squad.
Following his superb showing, Bassiouny was widely praised in news outlets in Austria.
Bassiouny who never represented Egypt or Austria before, had an offer from Bundesliga side Schalke 04 earlier in the summer but decided to remain one more year with Austria Wien to see how things will go.