Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Hosni Abd-Rabo: Shikabala signing is a mistake
The player missed his presentation press conference at his new club. Mido however denied that Shikabala was asked to attend, a story that the player went on to confirm. In a twist however, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour said that he phoned the player himself to confirm that he’ll be attending the unveiling press conference.
Ismaily legend Hosni Abd-Rabo also had his say on Shikabala’s transfer saga:
“The player’s own home refused his return. How is it that another club would accept? That’s my opinion,” Hosni said on TV.
“Two cannot disagree about Shikabala’s huge talent, but football is not just a technical sport. Morals are important too,” he added.
“I am honest and don’t like to be two-faced. I hope Shikabala benefits Ismaily, but I see the deal as a mistake from the very beginning.” he concluded.
Zamalek announced the signing of Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ from Portuguese side Sporting CP on a five-year contract.