Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Liberia defeat Tunisia in AFCON Qualifier
Group A favourites, Tunisia, lost away 1-0 to Liberia in coach Henryk Kasperczak’s first match in charge of the Carthage Eagles.
Tunisia XI; Mathlouthi- Abdenour, Syam Ben Yousssef, Brigui, Nagguez- Ben Jemaii, Lahmar, Ragued, Chikhaoui, Msakni- Khalifa.
The match had been threatened with postponement after heavy rains and a last minute pull out from the broadcaster but fortunately it went on. The Carthage Eagles looked different from the side that demolished Djibouti as they struggled to find their footing in a soggy turf.
The Liberians took charge from the go and were only denied a goal by repeated saves from Mathlouthi. In the second half, Tunisia seemed to be escaping with a point until, former Al Ahly striker; Francis Doe got the better of Mathlouthi in the 79th minute.
Tunisia is now third in Group A with 3 points ahead of their home meeting with Togo; who are on maximum points. Liberia’s hopes of qualification are very much alive as they take on minnows Djibouti next. The third round of matches will be played in March, 2016.