Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Liberia defeat Tunisia in AFCON Qualifier
Group A favourites, Tunisia, lost away 1-0 to Liberia in coach Henryk Kasperczak’s first match in charge of the Carthage Eagles.
Tunisia XI; Mathlouthi- Abdenour, Syam Ben Yousssef, Brigui, Nagguez- Ben Jemaii, Lahmar, Ragued, Chikhaoui, Msakni- Khalifa.
The match had been threatened with postponement after heavy rains and a last minute pull out from the broadcaster but fortunately it went on. The Carthage Eagles looked different from the side that demolished Djibouti as they struggled to find their footing in a soggy turf.
The Liberians took charge from the go and were only denied a goal by repeated saves from Mathlouthi. In the second half, Tunisia seemed to be escaping with a point until, former Al Ahly striker; Francis Doe got the better of Mathlouthi in the 79th minute.
Tunisia is now third in Group A with 3 points ahead of their home meeting with Togo; who are on maximum points. Liberia’s hopes of qualification are very much alive as they take on minnows Djibouti next. The third round of matches will be played in March, 2016.