Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Liberia defeat Tunisia in AFCON Qualifier
Group A favourites, Tunisia, lost away 1-0 to Liberia in coach Henryk Kasperczak’s first match in charge of the Carthage Eagles.
Tunisia XI; Mathlouthi- Abdenour, Syam Ben Yousssef, Brigui, Nagguez- Ben Jemaii, Lahmar, Ragued, Chikhaoui, Msakni- Khalifa.
The match had been threatened with postponement after heavy rains and a last minute pull out from the broadcaster but fortunately it went on. The Carthage Eagles looked different from the side that demolished Djibouti as they struggled to find their footing in a soggy turf.
The Liberians took charge from the go and were only denied a goal by repeated saves from Mathlouthi. In the second half, Tunisia seemed to be escaping with a point until, former Al Ahly striker; Francis Doe got the better of Mathlouthi in the 79th minute.
Tunisia is now third in Group A with 3 points ahead of their home meeting with Togo; who are on maximum points. Liberia’s hopes of qualification are very much alive as they take on minnows Djibouti next. The third round of matches will be played in March, 2016.