Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
VIDEO: Morocco cruise past Sao Tome and Principe in AFCON Qualifier
Morocco XI; Mhamdi- Chafik, El Adoua, Da Costa, Laazar- El Ahmadi, Obbadi, El Kaddoui, Amrabat, Dirar- El Arabi.
The Atlas lions hit their hosts three for nothing with all the goals coming in an eight minute space of the first half. Morocco were superior in the tie but had to wait for half an hour to score. Amrabat set things off with a strike from the edge of Sao Tome’s penalty box in the 34th minute. El Arabi then added the second, five minutes later, by tapping in a team attack.
Dirar scored the third goal in the 42nd minute beating the keeper in a one on one situation. Morocco kept it second gear for the second half of the match to see off a comfortable win.
Morocco leads pool A on 6 points while Sao Tome and Principe languish at the bottom after two successive defeats. Libya will be looking for their first points when they host Cape Verde in Cairo on the 6th of September, 2015 in the group’s are other tie.