Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Wigan come from behind to down Morsy’s Chesterfield
Despite a goalless first half, the game burst into life in the 62nd minute thanks to a Dan Gardner long range strike.
Leon Barnett would score an unfortunate own goal which made Chesterfield appear comfortable, until the 81st minute when Barnett would make amends and score at the right end to give Wigan some hope.
Spireites defender Sam Hird brought down Chris McCann to give Welsh striker Craig Davies a chance to score from the spot, which he took.
It appeared to be two points dropped for Chesterfield, until substitute Jordy Hiwula produced another late twist as he made it 3-2 to Wigan in the dying minutes, to give the Latics their first away win of the season. Morsy played the whole game.
Chestefield are now sitting 8th in the League One table with 10 points from six games, level with 9th placed Wigan.