Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Al Ahly to face Bayern Munich in friendly for Syrian refugees
Egypt’s Al Ahly have announced that it will play a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, with proceeds benefiting Syrian refugees.
The Bavarian club has already taken measures to aid those affected by the ongoing Syrian crisis, having already donated €1 million from a friendly match to refugee support projects.
Moreover, ahead of their upcoming Bundesliga match against FC Augsburg next Saturday, the team’s players will walk onto the pitch accompanied by both German children and child Syrian refugees as a mark of support.
In addition to the financial support, kids and youths will take German classes and will be provided with meals and football kits, in addition to being set-up with a training camp for them by Bayern’s youth sector.
On the other hand, Al Ahly’s board has sent a letter to the German club thanking them for their donations.
The protocol of cooperation between both clubs has been activated and the preparations for a friendly match were to be started immediately.
The match is to be played in Germany and Al Ahly will be responsible for the costs of the team’s trip and stay.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly have recently faced the German Champions back in 2012. That friendly match ended 2-1 to the Germans, with Mohamed Barakat having scored the Red’s goal following an Abou Treika assist.