The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Al Ahly to face Bayern Munich in friendly for Syrian refugees
The Bavarian club has already taken measures to aid those affected by the ongoing Syrian crisis, having already donated €1 million from a friendly match to refugee support projects.
Moreover, ahead of their upcoming Bundesliga match against FC Augsburg next Saturday, the team’s players will walk onto the pitch accompanied by both German children and child Syrian refugees as a mark of support.
In addition to the financial support, kids and youths will take German classes and will be provided with meals and football kits, in addition to being set-up with a training camp for them by Bayern’s youth sector.
On the other hand, Al Ahly’s board has sent a letter to the German club thanking them for their donations.
The protocol of cooperation between both clubs has been activated and the preparations for a friendly match were to be started immediately.
The match is to be played in Germany and Al Ahly will be responsible for the costs of the team’s trip and stay.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly have recently faced the German Champions back in 2012. That friendly match ended 2-1 to the Germans, with Mohamed Barakat having scored the Red’s goal following an Abou Treika assist.