Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Al Ahly to face Bayern Munich in friendly for Syrian refugees
The Bavarian club has already taken measures to aid those affected by the ongoing Syrian crisis, having already donated €1 million from a friendly match to refugee support projects.
Moreover, ahead of their upcoming Bundesliga match against FC Augsburg next Saturday, the team’s players will walk onto the pitch accompanied by both German children and child Syrian refugees as a mark of support.
In addition to the financial support, kids and youths will take German classes and will be provided with meals and football kits, in addition to being set-up with a training camp for them by Bayern’s youth sector.
On the other hand, Al Ahly’s board has sent a letter to the German club thanking them for their donations.
The protocol of cooperation between both clubs has been activated and the preparations for a friendly match were to be started immediately.
The match is to be played in Germany and Al Ahly will be responsible for the costs of the team’s trip and stay.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly have recently faced the German Champions back in 2012. That friendly match ended 2-1 to the Germans, with Mohamed Barakat having scored the Red’s goal following an Abou Treika assist.