Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Al Ahly to face Bayern Munich in friendly for Syrian refugees
The Bavarian club has already taken measures to aid those affected by the ongoing Syrian crisis, having already donated €1 million from a friendly match to refugee support projects.
Moreover, ahead of their upcoming Bundesliga match against FC Augsburg next Saturday, the team’s players will walk onto the pitch accompanied by both German children and child Syrian refugees as a mark of support.
In addition to the financial support, kids and youths will take German classes and will be provided with meals and football kits, in addition to being set-up with a training camp for them by Bayern’s youth sector.
On the other hand, Al Ahly’s board has sent a letter to the German club thanking them for their donations.
The protocol of cooperation between both clubs has been activated and the preparations for a friendly match were to be started immediately.
The match is to be played in Germany and Al Ahly will be responsible for the costs of the team’s trip and stay.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly have recently faced the German Champions back in 2012. That friendly match ended 2-1 to the Germans, with Mohamed Barakat having scored the Red’s goal following an Abou Treika assist.