Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Al Ahly to face Bayern Munich in friendly for Syrian refugees
Egypt’s Al Ahly have announced that it will play a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, with proceeds benefiting Syrian refugees.
The Bavarian club has already taken measures to aid those affected by the ongoing Syrian crisis, having already donated €1 million from a friendly match to refugee support projects.
Moreover, ahead of their upcoming Bundesliga match against FC Augsburg next Saturday, the team’s players will walk onto the pitch accompanied by both German children and child Syrian refugees as a mark of support.
In addition to the financial support, kids and youths will take German classes and will be provided with meals and football kits, in addition to being set-up with a training camp for them by Bayern’s youth sector.
On the other hand, Al Ahly’s board has sent a letter to the German club thanking them for their donations.
The protocol of cooperation between both clubs has been activated and the preparations for a friendly match were to be started immediately.
The match is to be played in Germany and Al Ahly will be responsible for the costs of the team’s trip and stay.
It is worth mentioning that Al Ahly have recently faced the German Champions back in 2012. That friendly match ended 2-1 to the Germans, with Mohamed Barakat having scored the Red’s goal following an Abou Treika assist.