Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Soudani brace secures Algeria win over Lesotho
Algeria XI; Doukha: Zeffane, Mandi, Medjani, Ghoulam: Taider, Mesloub, Boudebouz, Brahimi, Mahrez: Slimani.
Algeria looked to be easing into a win after Faouzi Ghoulam slotted home an over-the-top pass from Mahrez in the 32nd minute. The visitors were stunned when Lesotho equalized just six minutes later. Mokhalane volleyed home right on the edge of the area after a great first touch.
The visitors were overly dominant but had to wait until the final moments to make it count. Soudani, who came on for Boudebouz, headed home a vital second goal in the 85th minute. He ensured all three points belonged to Algeria by tapping home Brahimi’s cross in stoppage time. The goals meant the Dynamo Zagreb striker joins Morsi and Ferebory on four goals as the AFCON 2017 Qualifiers top scorers.
The Desert Foxes take control of group J on 6 points. Ethiopia is second on four after playing out a draw with Seychelles; who are on one. Lesotho is yet to pick up points.