Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Zidan scores, assists four in Dortmund legend Dede tribute
Zidan, who is rumoured to return to playing football again with Egyptian Premier League club Entag El-Harby next season, was invited to the game which ended with a stunning 13-11 score.
Dede won two Bundesliga titles during a 13-year stint at Dortmund between 1998 and 2011. The retired Brazilian defender’s farewell appearance at the Signal Iduna Park saw ‘Dede’s National XI’, including the likes of Jens Lehmann and Torsten Frings, face off ‘Dede’s World XI’.
33-year-old Mohamed Zidan helped his side ‘Dede’s World XI’ to a huge 13-goal victory over their opponents as he scored once and assisted on four occasions.
The game was officiated by Babak Rafati, who quit as a Bundesliga referee following his suicide attempt before a game in November 2011.
More than 80,000 football fans attended the testimonial to support the retired defender and watch their club legend once again.
Zidan is strongly linked to make his football return through Entag El-Harby under his former Egypt Olympic team coach Shawky Gharib.