Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Zidan scores, assists four in Dortmund legend Dede tribute
Zidan, who is rumoured to return to playing football again with Egyptian Premier League club Entag El-Harby next season, was invited to the game which ended with a stunning 13-11 score.
Dede won two Bundesliga titles during a 13-year stint at Dortmund between 1998 and 2011. The retired Brazilian defender’s farewell appearance at the Signal Iduna Park saw ‘Dede’s National XI’, including the likes of Jens Lehmann and Torsten Frings, face off ‘Dede’s World XI’.
33-year-old Mohamed Zidan helped his side ‘Dede’s World XI’ to a huge 13-goal victory over their opponents as he scored once and assisted on four occasions.
The game was officiated by Babak Rafati, who quit as a Bundesliga referee following his suicide attempt before a game in November 2011.
More than 80,000 football fans attended the testimonial to support the retired defender and watch their club legend once again.
Zidan is strongly linked to make his football return through Entag El-Harby under his former Egypt Olympic team coach Shawky Gharib.