KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Zidan scores, assists four in Dortmund legend Dede tribute
Zidan, who is rumoured to return to playing football again with Egyptian Premier League club Entag El-Harby next season, was invited to the game which ended with a stunning 13-11 score.
Dede won two Bundesliga titles during a 13-year stint at Dortmund between 1998 and 2011. The retired Brazilian defender’s farewell appearance at the Signal Iduna Park saw ‘Dede’s National XI’, including the likes of Jens Lehmann and Torsten Frings, face off ‘Dede’s World XI’.
33-year-old Mohamed Zidan helped his side ‘Dede’s World XI’ to a huge 13-goal victory over their opponents as he scored once and assisted on four occasions.
The game was officiated by Babak Rafati, who quit as a Bundesliga referee following his suicide attempt before a game in November 2011.
More than 80,000 football fans attended the testimonial to support the retired defender and watch their club legend once again.
Zidan is strongly linked to make his football return through Entag El-Harby under his former Egypt Olympic team coach Shawky Gharib.