Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Barcelona defeat Al Ahly in IHF Super Globe handball championship
FC Barcelona defeated Al Ahly 20-16 in the quarter-final of the 2015 IHF Super Globe championship held in Qatar between 7-10 September.
The Spanish club defeated Al Ahly in the first round of the quarter-final of the championship, which is contested between the club champions from all continental confederations. Barcelona took the lead in the first half ending it 12-8 and maintained the lead in the second half to win the match 20-16.
Barcelona, who managed to advance to the semi-finals, are the reigning champions of the competition as they won the last two Super Globe editions in 2013 and 2014.
The European champions will now prepare to face the winner from the other semi-final between the African champions Club Africain and German Fuchse Berlin. Al Ahly are to face the losing team in the 5-8 position classification match.
It is worth mentioning that African runner-ups Al Ahly were invited by the International Handball Federation to take part in the competition, while Tunisa’s Club Africain qualified to represent the African continent after winning the African Handball Champions League in 2014.
Al Ahly have previously hosted the Super Globe competition in 2007 and took the silver medal after ranking second behind BM Ciudad Real.