Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
EFA: Borg El Arab refuse to host Egypt Cup Final
Tharwat Sweilam, the EFA’s executive director, mentioned that he was surprised by the decision especially that an approval was already granted from security officials concerning the date of the match and the venue.
“We are asking the minister of sport to intervene immediately since time is not on our side,” he added in comments to TV channel El Hayah 2.
EFA board member, Mahmoud El Shamy, also said that he was surprised about Borg El Arab’s refusal. However, he reveled that another stadium might host the final.
“Alexandria Stadium was suggested yet the decision is the hands of the government since it is purely a security decision,” El Shamy added.