Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
EFA: Borg El Arab refuse to host Egypt Cup Final
Tharwat Sweilam, the EFA’s executive director, mentioned that he was surprised by the decision especially that an approval was already granted from security officials concerning the date of the match and the venue.
“We are asking the minister of sport to intervene immediately since time is not on our side,” he added in comments to TV channel El Hayah 2.
EFA board member, Mahmoud El Shamy, also said that he was surprised about Borg El Arab’s refusal. However, he reveled that another stadium might host the final.
“Alexandria Stadium was suggested yet the decision is the hands of the government since it is purely a security decision,” El Shamy added.