Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
EFA: Borg El Arab refuse to host Egypt Cup Final
Tharwat Sweilam, the EFA’s executive director, mentioned that he was surprised by the decision especially that an approval was already granted from security officials concerning the date of the match and the venue.
“We are asking the minister of sport to intervene immediately since time is not on our side,” he added in comments to TV channel El Hayah 2.
EFA board member, Mahmoud El Shamy, also said that he was surprised about Borg El Arab’s refusal. However, he reveled that another stadium might host the final.
“Alexandria Stadium was suggested yet the decision is the hands of the government since it is purely a security decision,” El Shamy added.