Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: El-Sulaya assists as Al Shaab draw against UAE’s Al Ahli
Egyptian midfielder Amr El-Sulaya played the full 90 minutes and assisted in Al Shaab’s 1-1 draw against Al Ahli in the second round of the UAE Arabian Gulf Cup.
Brazilian Rodrigo Lima scored Al Ahli’s goal in the 58th minute, however, Al Shaab managed to level the scoreline ten minutes later.
The equalizer came in the 68th minute after El-Sulaya sent a cross to Matias Donoso, who converted it into the net with a header.
Donoso’s goal earned Al Shaab their first point in the group after losing their first game in the competition against Al Wasl.
The Arabian Gulf Cup kicked off later last month with 14 competing teams divided into two groups. The top two teams in each group will qualify to the semi-finals.
Al Ahli are currently group A leaders with four points from two games, while Al Shaab sit in the fifth place with one point.
The former Ismaily midfielder moved to Al Shaab earlier last month to play under the leadership of his compatriot and former Enppi manager Tarek El-Ashry, who joined the club on a one-year deal starting this season.