Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
VIDEO: El-Sulaya assists as Al Shaab draw against UAE’s Al Ahli
Egyptian midfielder Amr El-Sulaya played the full 90 minutes and assisted in Al Shaab’s 1-1 draw against Al Ahli in the second round of the UAE Arabian Gulf Cup.
Brazilian Rodrigo Lima scored Al Ahli’s goal in the 58th minute, however, Al Shaab managed to level the scoreline ten minutes later.
The equalizer came in the 68th minute after El-Sulaya sent a cross to Matias Donoso, who converted it into the net with a header.
Donoso’s goal earned Al Shaab their first point in the group after losing their first game in the competition against Al Wasl.
The Arabian Gulf Cup kicked off later last month with 14 competing teams divided into two groups. The top two teams in each group will qualify to the semi-finals.
Al Ahli are currently group A leaders with four points from two games, while Al Shaab sit in the fifth place with one point.
The former Ismaily midfielder moved to Al Shaab earlier last month to play under the leadership of his compatriot and former Enppi manager Tarek El-Ashry, who joined the club on a one-year deal starting this season.