Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Leicester City, Swansea chase Ahmed Elmohamady – Report
Premier League sides Leicester City and Swansea are reported to be chasing Egyptian right wing-back Ahmed Elmohamady ahead of a potential swoop in January.
Last season, the 27-year-old was relegated from the Premier League to the Championship with Hull City, who he has been with since 2012.
Over the summer transfer window there was interest from Leicester City and QPR, however nothing materialised.
Now Sport360.com have reported that Leicester City will attempt to sign the 71 time capped Egyptian in January.
Leicester will have to compete with Swansea who are also interested in signing him, according to the report.
There were reports earlier in the summer that Ahly wanted to bring him back to his homeland; however, Elmohamady has made it clear that he would not be going back to Egypt.
A source close to Ahmed Elmohamdy said, “He prefers to continue his English journey and is open to any other European country, but will not go back to Egypt.”
The source added that, “The player is expected to leave Hull in January and several offers from mid-table Premier League clubs have been received like Swansea and Leicester, who are interested in Ahmed because of his experience.
Ahmed Elmohamady has the most appearances in the English Premier League out of any Egyptian or Arab player.