AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Leicester City, Swansea chase Ahmed Elmohamady – Report
Premier League sides Leicester City and Swansea are reported to be chasing Egyptian right wing-back Ahmed Elmohamady ahead of a potential swoop in January.
Last season, the 27-year-old was relegated from the Premier League to the Championship with Hull City, who he has been with since 2012.
Over the summer transfer window there was interest from Leicester City and QPR, however nothing materialised.
Now Sport360.com have reported that Leicester City will attempt to sign the 71 time capped Egyptian in January.
Leicester will have to compete with Swansea who are also interested in signing him, according to the report.
There were reports earlier in the summer that Ahly wanted to bring him back to his homeland; however, Elmohamady has made it clear that he would not be going back to Egypt.
A source close to Ahmed Elmohamdy said, “He prefers to continue his English journey and is open to any other European country, but will not go back to Egypt.”
The source added that, “The player is expected to leave Hull in January and several offers from mid-table Premier League clubs have been received like Swansea and Leicester, who are interested in Ahmed because of his experience.
Ahmed Elmohamady has the most appearances in the English Premier League out of any Egyptian or Arab player.