Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Cúper: Important three points, but it’s just a small step
Cúper starts: “The three points against Chad are very important, but it’s just a small step towards qualification.
“The win will help convince Egyptians of the team’s performances and ability.”
The interviewer then asked about the Nigeria game and how Egypt haven’t yet faced a tough opponent, to which the Argentine replied: “All matches are important, but facing strong teams is critical in order to assess the team and players.
“The process is going smoothly, calmly and that they shouldn’t get over-excited, because that’s dangerous in football.”
When asked about notable exclusions from the team, like Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman, Hossam Ghaly and Hossam Ashour, he responded :”Club fans have their own visualization of their national team, which is normal all around the world, but I pick players that fit into my system.”
On the subject of Hegazy, Rabia and Saleh Gomaa all returning to Egypt and how he sees Salah’s transfer to Roma, Cúper concluded: “It’s good that I can keep a close eye on players in the Egyptian Premier League, and I’m okay with it as long as they see it as the best choice for them personally. Salah’s move is an important step for him.”