Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Cúper: Important three points, but it’s just a small step
In television comments made to Al Hayah, Egypt’s national team manager, Héctor Cúper, talked about the importance of the Chad win, expectations for Nigeria and the need to keep going strong.
Cúper starts: “The three points against Chad are very important, but it’s just a small step towards qualification.
“The win will help convince Egyptians of the team’s performances and ability.”
The interviewer then asked about the Nigeria game and how Egypt haven’t yet faced a tough opponent, to which the Argentine replied: “All matches are important, but facing strong teams is critical in order to assess the team and players.
“The process is going smoothly, calmly and that they shouldn’t get over-excited, because that’s dangerous in football.”
When asked about notable exclusions from the team, like Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman, Hossam Ghaly and Hossam Ashour, he responded :”Club fans have their own visualization of their national team, which is normal all around the world, but I pick players that fit into my system.”
On the subject of Hegazy, Rabia and Saleh Gomaa all returning to Egypt and how he sees Salah’s transfer to Roma, Cúper concluded: “It’s good that I can keep a close eye on players in the Egyptian Premier League, and I’m okay with it as long as they see it as the best choice for them personally. Salah’s move is an important step for him.”