Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Farag Amer: Smouha are not weaker than Zamalek
Smouha chairman Farag Amer said that the Alexandria-based club are not weaker than Cairo giants Zamalek, ahead of their clash against the Whites in Egypt Cup.
Smouha are set to face Zamalek on September 17 in the semi-final of Egypt Cup, after they managed to defeat Ismaily on penalties in the quarter-final.
“It is true that Zamalek are the league champions but Smouha are a strong team. We only hope for fair officiating,” Amer said in a televised interview on Tuesday.
“We can beat Zamalek. We are aiming to win the game and qualify for the Cup final as we did last season,” Amer added.
Smouha managed to advance to last season’s Egypt Cup final, however, they lost the game 1-0 to Zamalek.
The Alexandrian club chairman said that Smouha will also be a strong competitor to Al Ahly and Zamalek in the upcoming Egyptian Premier League campaign.
“We expect to finish in a good position in the league, despite the presence of six strong teams,” Amer said in reference to Al Ahly, Zamalek, Ismaily, Enppi and Wadi Degla.
“We made strong signings and our target is to win a championship next season,” he said.
Amer added that he expects former Smouha player Ahmed Hamoudi, who joined Zamalek from FC Basel of Switzerland on loan, to be one the best players in the league this season.