KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Farag Amer: Smouha are not weaker than Zamalek
Smouha chairman Farag Amer said that the Alexandria-based club are not weaker than Cairo giants Zamalek, ahead of their clash against the Whites in Egypt Cup.
Smouha are set to face Zamalek on September 17 in the semi-final of Egypt Cup, after they managed to defeat Ismaily on penalties in the quarter-final.
“It is true that Zamalek are the league champions but Smouha are a strong team. We only hope for fair officiating,” Amer said in a televised interview on Tuesday.
“We can beat Zamalek. We are aiming to win the game and qualify for the Cup final as we did last season,” Amer added.
Smouha managed to advance to last season’s Egypt Cup final, however, they lost the game 1-0 to Zamalek.
“We expect to finish in a good position in the league, despite the presence of six strong teams,” Amer said in reference to Al Ahly, Zamalek, Ismaily, Enppi and Wadi Degla.
“We made strong signings and our target is to win a championship next season,” he said.
Amer added that he expects former Smouha player Ahmed Hamoudi, who joined Zamalek from FC Basel of Switzerland on loan, to be one the best players in the league this season.