Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly extend contract of manager Fathi Mabrouk
Al Ahly have announced that the team’s manager Fathi Mabrouk has extended his contract with the club for one season.
Mabrouk will remain at the helm of the Red Devils in the coming season after the football committee decided to extend his contract on Thursday.
“I want to express my gratitude to the club’s board and the football committee for the trust they placed in me,” Mabrouk said in a press conference.
Mabrouk said that he wishes to kick off his season with Al Ahly by winning the CAF Confederation Cup.
“I hope to win championships with the club as was the case for this team with all the previous managers, like Mohamed Youssef and Hossam El-Badry,” he added.
The former Al Ahly player declared that the contract extension came at the right time, allowing him to focus better with the team.
“It relieved me of the pressure I was under during the previous period due to the ambiguity of my position,” Mabrouk explained.
“Now that I know I will be leading the team for a year, we need to have a complete strategy for the season,” he added.
Mabrouk denied all rumors about changing his assistants, asserting that there will be no changes in the technical or medical staff.