Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly extend contract of manager Fathi Mabrouk
Al Ahly have announced that the team’s manager Fathi Mabrouk has extended his contract with the club for one season.
Mabrouk will remain at the helm of the Red Devils in the coming season after the football committee decided to extend his contract on Thursday.
“I want to express my gratitude to the club’s board and the football committee for the trust they placed in me,” Mabrouk said in a press conference.
Mabrouk said that he wishes to kick off his season with Al Ahly by winning the CAF Confederation Cup.
“I hope to win championships with the club as was the case for this team with all the previous managers, like Mohamed Youssef and Hossam El-Badry,” he added.
The former Al Ahly player declared that the contract extension came at the right time, allowing him to focus better with the team.
“It relieved me of the pressure I was under during the previous period due to the ambiguity of my position,” Mabrouk explained.
“Now that I know I will be leading the team for a year, we need to have a complete strategy for the season,” he added.
Mabrouk denied all rumors about changing his assistants, asserting that there will be no changes in the technical or medical staff.