Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Abdel-Shafy plays 90 minutes as Al Ahli Jeddah reach Crown Prince Cup quarters
Egyptian left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli Jeddah defeated Hajer Club in the round of 16 of the Saudi Crown Prince Cup.
The defending champions Al Ahli beat Hajer 4-2 to advance to the quarter-finals of the competition.
Al Ahli’s first goal came early in the first half, as Motaz Hawsawi gave his team the lead in the 7th minute. Omar Al Soma added Al Ahli’s second goal in the 19th minute.
Mohamed Al Saiari tried to make a come back as he scored Hajer’s first goal in the 79th minute, only for Giannis Fetfatzidis to score Al Ahli’s third goal in the 82nd minute, to make the scoreline 3-1.
Striker Dragan Ceran managed to decrease the difference as he scored Hajer’s second goal in the second minute of injury time. Two minutes later, Al Ahli added their fourth by Islam Seraj, to finish the game 4-2.
Al Ahli had qualified automatically to the round of 16 for being the title holders of the competition. They will face Al-Ettifaq in the next round of the competition.
They are also set to face Al-Wahda on Friday in the third round of the Saudi Professional League.