Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Al Ahly allow Gedo to look for new club
Al Ahly have notified Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ that he’s free to join another club according to reports.
Al Ahly’s football committee have reportedly contacted the striker informing him of the decision, citing that he is not part of the team’s current plans.
The Reds have looked to trim their squad before the start of the Egyptian Premier League season after the club’s recent signings of Rami Rabia and Ahmed Hegazy.
Gedo received a three-year contract extension with the club earlier this summer, despite being sidelined with a knee injury last year. His contract would have expired this season before the extension.
The 30-year-old spent five years with the club, scoring 21 goals in 92 appearances. Arab Contractors have reportedly expressed interest in adding the veteran forward to Hassan Shehata’s squad.