Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Al-Merrikh end USM Alger winning streak
The Algerians had bulldozed their way through the opposition on their way to securing first place in Group B, and despite the fact that neither side had anything to play for – Merrikh had already qualified as group runners-up by the end of matchday five – the hosts came out on top.
Didier Lebri scored the only goal of the game in the 14th minute; the Ivorian striker latched on to a through ball before finishing coolly to send the hope support into raptures.
USM Alger remain in first place with 15 points, two ahead of second-placed Al-Merrikh.
You can watch Lebri’s goal below: