Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
VIDEO: Al-Merrikh end USM Alger winning streak
The Algerians had bulldozed their way through the opposition on their way to securing first place in Group B, and despite the fact that neither side had anything to play for – Merrikh had already qualified as group runners-up by the end of matchday five – the hosts came out on top.
Didier Lebri scored the only goal of the game in the 14th minute; the Ivorian striker latched on to a through ball before finishing coolly to send the hope support into raptures.
USM Alger remain in first place with 15 points, two ahead of second-placed Al-Merrikh.
You can watch Lebri’s goal below: