Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
VIDEO: Smouha bow out of Champions League with home draw
Amr El-Menoufy scored the opener in the 20th minute, poking home from Temsah’s accurate long ball behind the defence.
The goal meant Moghreb Tetouan would progress thanks to their superior head-to-head record against Al-Hilal, despite trailing 1-0 to TP Mazembe at the time.
However, the Sudanese side would level the scores in the 73rd minute, as Nasr El-Din Omer tapped into an empty net after shambolic defending by the home side.
With this pair of results (Mazembe demolished Tetouan in the other match of the day), Mazembe and Al-Hilal have qualified for the semi-finals of the CAF CL, in first and second place respectively. Smouha sit in fourth place, with four points, three points behind Moghreb Tetouan.
Al-Merrikh will face TP Mazembe, while USM Alger will take on Al-Hilal. Two Sudanese clubs in the 2015 CAF Champions League semi-finals.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) September 12, 2015
Watch both goals below: