Mamelodi Sundowns have lodged a complaint with CAF against Zamalek after the hosts refused to...
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
VIDEO: Smouha bow out of Champions League with home draw
Amr El-Menoufy scored the opener in the 20th minute, poking home from Temsah’s accurate long ball behind the defence.
The goal meant Moghreb Tetouan would progress thanks to their superior head-to-head record against Al-Hilal, despite trailing 1-0 to TP Mazembe at the time.
However, the Sudanese side would level the scores in the 73rd minute, as Nasr El-Din Omer tapped into an empty net after shambolic defending by the home side.
With this pair of results (Mazembe demolished Tetouan in the other match of the day), Mazembe and Al-Hilal have qualified for the semi-finals of the CAF CL, in first and second place respectively. Smouha sit in fourth place, with four points, three points behind Moghreb Tetouan.
Al-Merrikh will face TP Mazembe, while USM Alger will take on Al-Hilal. Two Sudanese clubs in the 2015 CAF Champions League semi-finals.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) September 12, 2015
Watch both goals below: