Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
VIDEO: TP Mazembe thrash Moghreb Tetouan to reach Champions League semi-finals
TP Mazembe qualified for the Champions League semi-finals after beating Moghreb Tetouan by five goals to nothing.
Mazembe, Tetouan and Al Hilal were level on points going into the final match-day with hopes of making the last four.
In what was a winner-takes-all encounter, Mazembe did not take long to establish their intent. Mbwana Samatta opened the scoring with a neat finish from the edge of the box on 12 minutes.
At the half hour mark, Kalaba doubled the lead by slotting home a lay-off from Samatta to have Mazembe leading by two goals at the break.
Mazembe continued their rampage and scored the third moments into the second half thanks to another Samatta goal. He controlled a difficult pass off the chest of Adjei to volley home a goal that virtually settled the game.
Moghreb Tetouan’s fate was sealed, but that did not deter the Lubumbashi team from adding onto the misery; substitute Roger Assale struck the fourth goal of the game in the 88th minute by ghosting past two Tetouan defenders and taking his competition tally to four.
In stoppage time, Tetouan seemed to have kept out a one-on-one chance by the home team but Samatta tapped home to complete a hat-trick. He also brought his goal tally to four.
The results ensure TP Mazembe finish top in Group A, on 11 points, and set up a semi-final clash against Al Merrikh. The first leg of the semi-final showdown will be played in two weeks’ time.