Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
AC Leopards and CS Sfaxien end continental campaign with goalless draw
There was little to play for as former champions’ AC Leopards and CS Sfaxien faced off in their final fixture of group B. Both teams had already been eliminated heading into this weekend. The performance matched the importance of the game as the two spurred to a pedestrian 0-0 draw.
With little at stake both sides seemed satisfied to play with little pressure. The respective defensive performances were decent but only because there was little urgency to attack. It was the second time they were playing out a draw after their earlier encounter in Sfax ended 1-1.
AC Leopards thus maintained their third place finish on five points while three-times winner CS Sfaxien end a horrendous outing with just two points. Zamalek and Orlando Pirates qualified from this group in first and second place, respectively.