KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
AC Leopards and CS Sfaxien end continental campaign with goalless draw
There was little to play for as former champions’ AC Leopards and CS Sfaxien faced off in their final fixture of group B. Both teams had already been eliminated heading into this weekend. The performance matched the importance of the game as the two spurred to a pedestrian 0-0 draw.
With little at stake both sides seemed satisfied to play with little pressure. The respective defensive performances were decent but only because there was little urgency to attack. It was the second time they were playing out a draw after their earlier encounter in Sfax ended 1-1.
AC Leopards thus maintained their third place finish on five points while three-times winner CS Sfaxien end a horrendous outing with just two points. Zamalek and Orlando Pirates qualified from this group in first and second place, respectively.