Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Ibrahim Salah to miss remainder of Egypt Cup
Zamalek’s team doctor says Salah will be out for at least four weeks due to injury, in statements made to FilGoal.
The White Castle will be without the services of Ibrahim Salah for the rest of the Egypt Cup, according to the team’s doctor.
Zamalek doctor Ayman Farid told FilGoal that the 28-year-old midfielder sustained a muscle tear and will need three weeks of of treatment and an additional week of rehab. The length of the injury puts Salah’s recovery after the Cup final on September 21st.
“Ibrahim Salah will not make make the [Egypt] Cup final, in the event of Zamalek’s qualification,” Farid said.
Salah reportedly sustained the injury when making an appearance for the Egyptian national team last week against Chad. Farid faulted the poor condition of the pitch against during the 2017 AFCON qualifier exacerbated his injury.
“We follow a special program in the hopes of a quick return of [Salah], but the injury is serious,” Farid said.
To add to the White Castle’s woes, they’ve also left Bassem Morsi out of tomorrow’s starting squad against Orlando Pirates due to an injury. The club’s doctor did not reveal the severity of Morsi’s injury or if he would be available for Thursday’s semi-final clash against Smouha.
Morsi also made an appearance for the Egyptian national team in last week’s 5-1 thumping win win over Chad, scoring a hat-trick in the process.
Zamalek and the Buccaneers are through to the next round of the tournament with 12 points each. Tomorrow’s match will determine which club secures the top of Group B, before moving on to the tournament’s semi-finals.