Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
Ibrahim Salah to miss remainder of Egypt Cup
Zamalek’s team doctor says Salah will be out for at least four weeks due to injury, in statements made to FilGoal.
Zamalek doctor Ayman Farid told FilGoal that the 28-year-old midfielder sustained a muscle tear and will need three weeks of of treatment and an additional week of rehab. The length of the injury puts Salah’s recovery after the Cup final on September 21st.
“Ibrahim Salah will not make make the [Egypt] Cup final, in the event of Zamalek’s qualification,” Farid said.
Salah reportedly sustained the injury when making an appearance for the Egyptian national team last week against Chad. Farid faulted the poor condition of the pitch against during the 2017 AFCON qualifier exacerbated his injury.
“We follow a special program in the hopes of a quick return of [Salah], but the injury is serious,” Farid said.
To add to the White Castle’s woes, they’ve also left Bassem Morsi out of tomorrow’s starting squad against Orlando Pirates due to an injury. The club’s doctor did not reveal the severity of Morsi’s injury or if he would be available for Thursday’s semi-final clash against Smouha.
Morsi also made an appearance for the Egyptian national team in last week’s 5-1 thumping win win over Chad, scoring a hat-trick in the process.
Zamalek and the Buccaneers are through to the next round of the tournament with 12 points each. Tomorrow’s match will determine which club secures the top of Group B, before moving on to the tournament’s semi-finals.