Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Sam Morsy scores as Chesterfield draw with Colchester
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy has scored in Chesterfield’s 3-3 draw with Colchester in the seventh round of the League One season.
Chesterfield had to play most of the game with only 10 men, after Drew Talbot was sent off the field in the 16th minute for a foul on Marvin Sordell.
Dan Jones gave the lead to Chesterfield from a free-kick in the 22nd minute. Seven minutes later, Gavin Massey managed to level the scoreline.
Lee Novak scored Chesterfield’s second goal in the 62nd minute. In the 74th minute, team captain Sam Morsy netted the Spiereites’ third goal. He received a cross from Ollie Banks and finished from six yards, to make the scoreline 3-1.
Two minutes later, George Moncur scored a header for Colchester to reduce the difference to one goal. Chesterfield were close to winning the game until Charlie Raglan scored an own goal in injury time. Raglan turned a cross into his own net, to level the scoreline and deny his team all three points.
Chesterfield now sit in the 7th place of the League One table with 11 points from 7 games. They are set to face Conventry away on Saturday.