Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Sam Morsy scores as Chesterfield draw with Colchester
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy has scored in Chesterfield’s 3-3 draw with Colchester in the seventh round of the League One season.
Chesterfield had to play most of the game with only 10 men, after Drew Talbot was sent off the field in the 16th minute for a foul on Marvin Sordell.
Dan Jones gave the lead to Chesterfield from a free-kick in the 22nd minute. Seven minutes later, Gavin Massey managed to level the scoreline.
Lee Novak scored Chesterfield’s second goal in the 62nd minute. In the 74th minute, team captain Sam Morsy netted the Spiereites’ third goal. He received a cross from Ollie Banks and finished from six yards, to make the scoreline 3-1.
Two minutes later, George Moncur scored a header for Colchester to reduce the difference to one goal. Chesterfield were close to winning the game until Charlie Raglan scored an own goal in injury time. Raglan turned a cross into his own net, to level the scoreline and deny his team all three points.
Chesterfield now sit in the 7th place of the League One table with 11 points from 7 games. They are set to face Conventry away on Saturday.