Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Sam Morsy scores as Chesterfield draw with Colchester
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy has scored in Chesterfield’s 3-3 draw with Colchester in the seventh round of the League One season.
Chesterfield had to play most of the game with only 10 men, after Drew Talbot was sent off the field in the 16th minute for a foul on Marvin Sordell.
Dan Jones gave the lead to Chesterfield from a free-kick in the 22nd minute. Seven minutes later, Gavin Massey managed to level the scoreline.
Lee Novak scored Chesterfield’s second goal in the 62nd minute. In the 74th minute, team captain Sam Morsy netted the Spiereites’ third goal. He received a cross from Ollie Banks and finished from six yards, to make the scoreline 3-1.
Two minutes later, George Moncur scored a header for Colchester to reduce the difference to one goal. Chesterfield were close to winning the game until Charlie Raglan scored an own goal in injury time. Raglan turned a cross into his own net, to level the scoreline and deny his team all three points.
Chesterfield now sit in the 7th place of the League One table with 11 points from 7 games. They are set to face Conventry away on Saturday.