Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Sam Morsy scores as Chesterfield draw with Colchester
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy has scored in Chesterfield’s 3-3 draw with Colchester in the seventh round of the League One season.
Chesterfield had to play most of the game with only 10 men, after Drew Talbot was sent off the field in the 16th minute for a foul on Marvin Sordell.
Dan Jones gave the lead to Chesterfield from a free-kick in the 22nd minute. Seven minutes later, Gavin Massey managed to level the scoreline.
Lee Novak scored Chesterfield’s second goal in the 62nd minute. In the 74th minute, team captain Sam Morsy netted the Spiereites’ third goal. He received a cross from Ollie Banks and finished from six yards, to make the scoreline 3-1.
Two minutes later, George Moncur scored a header for Colchester to reduce the difference to one goal. Chesterfield were close to winning the game until Charlie Raglan scored an own goal in injury time. Raglan turned a cross into his own net, to level the scoreline and deny his team all three points.
Chesterfield now sit in the 7th place of the League One table with 11 points from 7 games. They are set to face Conventry away on Saturday.