Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Bounedjah brace gives Etoile Sahel comeback win over Esperance
Esperance were confirmed as eliminated going into the final round of group A matches. Conversely, Etoile Sahel were through to the Confederations Cup semi-finals and were contending for top spot against Al Ahly.
This did not deter competitiveness from these two rivals. On 25 minutes, Haythem Jouini scored the first goal of Ammar Souayah’s tenure as Esperance coach from Mhirsi’s corner.
The home team was the dominant side throughout. Just like their first encounter, Ben Cherifia was called upon a number of times to keep his side in the game.
Etoile Sahel was also guilty of spurning chances and looked doomed to a home defeat.
With the game in its dying embers, Bounedjah wrong footed Ben Cherifia from a penalty to draw the Red Brigades level.
The Algerian striker was not done though, and headed home the winner in the second minute of added time to send the crowd into raptures.
Just last week, the forward scored a hat-trick in his sides’s thrilling 4-3 cup final victory.
Regardless, Etoile still finished second behind Al Ahly – who defeated Stade Malien narrowly – and will have to play the second leg of their semi-final away from home. Both sides finished with 13 points but the Egyptian giants edge on goal difference.
Watch the goals below: