Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
VIDEO: Bounedjah brace gives Etoile Sahel comeback win over Esperance
Esperance were confirmed as eliminated going into the final round of group A matches. Conversely, Etoile Sahel were through to the Confederations Cup semi-finals and were contending for top spot against Al Ahly.
This did not deter competitiveness from these two rivals. On 25 minutes, Haythem Jouini scored the first goal of Ammar Souayah’s tenure as Esperance coach from Mhirsi’s corner.
The home team was the dominant side throughout. Just like their first encounter, Ben Cherifia was called upon a number of times to keep his side in the game.
Etoile Sahel was also guilty of spurning chances and looked doomed to a home defeat.
With the game in its dying embers, Bounedjah wrong footed Ben Cherifia from a penalty to draw the Red Brigades level.
The Algerian striker was not done though, and headed home the winner in the second minute of added time to send the crowd into raptures.
Just last week, the forward scored a hat-trick in his sides’s thrilling 4-3 cup final victory.
Regardless, Etoile still finished second behind Al Ahly – who defeated Stade Malien narrowly – and will have to play the second leg of their semi-final away from home. Both sides finished with 13 points but the Egyptian giants edge on goal difference.
Watch the goals below: