Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Egypt handed tough Africa U-23 Cup of Nations draw
Egypt have been handed a tough draw for the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, which qualifies for the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics.
The draw, which was held on Monday, saw the Egyptian national team falling in tough Group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.
Hosts Senegal will compete in Group A together with Tunisia, South Africa and Zambia.
The African cup of nations is set to take place between November 28 and December 12, with Senegal facing South Africa in the opening game.
It is worth noting that the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations is also the last qualifying stage for African teams to the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics, in which the top three teams qualify to represent Africa at the Olympic Games.
Egypt had qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games after beating Senegal 2-0 in the third place play-off match at the 2011 African championship. The Pharaohs, however, were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the men’s tournament, after losing 3-0 to Japan.
Africa U-23 Cup of Nations groups:
Group A: Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia
Group B: Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Nigeria