Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour defended coach Momen Soliman following the White Castle’s...
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
Egypt handed tough Africa U-23 Cup of Nations draw
Egypt have been handed a tough draw for the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, which qualifies for the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics.
The draw, which was held on Monday, saw the Egyptian national team falling in tough Group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.
Hosts Senegal will compete in Group A together with Tunisia, South Africa and Zambia.
The African cup of nations is set to take place between November 28 and December 12, with Senegal facing South Africa in the opening game.
It is worth noting that the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations is also the last qualifying stage for African teams to the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics, in which the top three teams qualify to represent Africa at the Olympic Games.
Egypt had qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games after beating Senegal 2-0 in the third place play-off match at the 2011 African championship. The Pharaohs, however, were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the men’s tournament, after losing 3-0 to Japan.
Africa U-23 Cup of Nations groups:
Group A: Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia
Group B: Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Nigeria