Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Egypt handed tough Africa U-23 Cup of Nations draw
Egypt have been handed a tough draw for the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, which qualifies for the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics.
The draw, which was held on Monday, saw the Egyptian national team falling in tough Group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.
Hosts Senegal will compete in Group A together with Tunisia, South Africa and Zambia.
The African cup of nations is set to take place between November 28 and December 12, with Senegal facing South Africa in the opening game.
It is worth noting that the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations is also the last qualifying stage for African teams to the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics, in which the top three teams qualify to represent Africa at the Olympic Games.
Egypt had qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games after beating Senegal 2-0 in the third place play-off match at the 2011 African championship. The Pharaohs, however, were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the men’s tournament, after losing 3-0 to Japan.
Africa U-23 Cup of Nations groups:
Group A: Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia
Group B: Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Nigeria