Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Egypt handed tough Africa U-23 Cup of Nations draw
Egypt have been handed a tough draw for the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, which qualifies for the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics.
The draw, which was held on Monday, saw the Egyptian national team falling in tough Group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.
Hosts Senegal will compete in Group A together with Tunisia, South Africa and Zambia.
The African cup of nations is set to take place between November 28 and December 12, with Senegal facing South Africa in the opening game.
It is worth noting that the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations is also the last qualifying stage for African teams to the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics, in which the top three teams qualify to represent Africa at the Olympic Games.
Egypt had qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games after beating Senegal 2-0 in the third place play-off match at the 2011 African championship. The Pharaohs, however, were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the men’s tournament, after losing 3-0 to Japan.
Africa U-23 Cup of Nations groups:
Group A: Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia
Group B: Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Nigeria