Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Egypt handed tough Africa U-23 Cup of Nations draw
Egypt have been handed a tough draw for the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, which qualifies for the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics.
The draw, which was held on Monday, saw the Egyptian national team falling in tough Group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.
Hosts Senegal will compete in Group A together with Tunisia, South Africa and Zambia.
The African cup of nations is set to take place between November 28 and December 12, with Senegal facing South Africa in the opening game.
It is worth noting that the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations is also the last qualifying stage for African teams to the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics, in which the top three teams qualify to represent Africa at the Olympic Games.
Egypt had qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games after beating Senegal 2-0 in the third place play-off match at the 2011 African championship. The Pharaohs, however, were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the men’s tournament, after losing 3-0 to Japan.
Africa U-23 Cup of Nations groups:
Group A: Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia
Group B: Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Nigeria