Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Egypt women ‘spirits high’ despite losses in Homeless World Cup
The Egyptian women’s team lost against Mexico and the USA in the first rounds of their first-ever appearance at the Homeless World Cup.
After being established in 2012 by NAFAS, this is Egypt’s first appearance at the Homeless World Cup alongside Burkina Faso, Israel and Grenada, whom participate in the tournament for the first time as well.
Egypt is one of 74 countries participating in the tournament taking place in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
— Nafas (@SCWC_Egypt) September 12, 2015
Egypt lost to India, Mexico and USA in the first stage of the World Cup, but the team’s spirit remains high as they have already ‘learned a lot’ from the experience.
— Nafas (@SCWC_Egypt) September 13, 2015
Egypt is in Group B with Finland, Denmark, Germany, Mexico, England, India, Belgium, USA and South Korea.
The Egyptian women are set to face Denmark and Chile on Monday.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) September 13, 2015