Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Pirates manager Eric Tinkler: Zamalek loss is one to learn from
Tinkler has spoken of his views for the upcoming semi-final games against Al Ahly, and was keen to assure everyone that his team learnt a valuable lesson from the loss.
“Zamalek were the better side in the game a deserved the win,” he said.
“We experienced difficulty in our back line and Zamalek exploited that well to win the game, but the loss is an important lesson to learn from before facing Al Ahly,” he added.
He added that the Whites had taken advantage of the wings very well.
“We tried to control the game after Zamalek had scored and we managed to find an equaliser, but our defensive errors cost us another goal.”
“We tried to get back into the game during the second half with a more attacking style which meant that we had to leave a lot of space, which they used along the wings to counter attack us very efficiently,” he said.
“The loss will not have much of a negative impact on us because we had already qualified prior to the game, but it’s a lesson for the players to learn from. We’ve lost to the best team in Egypt at the moment, and we will work harder in our preparations to face Al Ahly,” he concluded.
Orlando Pirates will host Al Ahly for the CAF Confederation Cup Semi-final on either the 25th, 26th or the 27th of September, with the return game still to be decided between the 2nd and the 4th of October.