Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Pirates manager Eric Tinkler: Zamalek loss is one to learn from
Orlando Pirates manager Eric Tinkler has stressed the lessons learnt from his team’s loss to Zamalek, ahead of his team’s semi-final tie against Al Ahly.
Tinkler has spoken of his views for the upcoming semi-final games against Al Ahly, and was keen to assure everyone that his team learnt a valuable lesson from the loss.
“Zamalek were the better side in the game a deserved the win,” he said.
“We experienced difficulty in our back line and Zamalek exploited that well to win the game, but the loss is an important lesson to learn from before facing Al Ahly,” he added.
He added that the Whites had taken advantage of the wings very well.
“We tried to control the game after Zamalek had scored and we managed to find an equaliser, but our defensive errors cost us another goal.”
“We tried to get back into the game during the second half with a more attacking style which meant that we had to leave a lot of space, which they used along the wings to counter attack us very efficiently,” he said.
“The loss will not have much of a negative impact on us because we had already qualified prior to the game, but it’s a lesson for the players to learn from. We’ve lost to the best team in Egypt at the moment, and we will work harder in our preparations to face Al Ahly,” he concluded.
Orlando Pirates will host Al Ahly for the CAF Confederation Cup Semi-final on either the 25th, 26th or the 27th of September, with the return game still to be decided between the 2nd and the 4th of October.