Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Héctor Cúper: Salah is more useful to Roma, can play with Totti or Dzeko
The 23-year-old has joined the Giallorossi in the just elapsed transfer window on loan with an option to buy that would become obligatory after passing certain number of appearances. Salah has featured in three games since the start of the season, but is yet to open his scoring record with the capital club.
“Roma made great signings in regard to the transfer market, and landing Salah was a very important step for the Giallorossi, especially for the tactics of Rudi Garcia who prefer to play with two wingers,” Cúper told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“Roma are different from Fiorentina. Fiorentina depend more on counterattacks, but Roma don’t play the same. Now Salah has become more useful to his teammates, taking advantage of the space to set up those who come from the midfield,” he added.
The former Inter Milan coach has also spoken about Salah’s ability to play with either Roma captain Francesco Totti or fellow summer signing Edin Dzeko, saying that the Egypt International’s qualities make him capable of playing with both.
“Salah can play with both of them [Totti and Dzeko] because he has the features to do so, even with changing the form from 4-3-3 to 4-3-2-1 or even 4-4-2. Salah is adaptable to all playing styles.”
“The question is: Who fits best with Salah in play? This depends on the decision of Garcia,” he added.
The Argentinian coach advised Salah to stay calm ahead of Roma’s upcoming Champions League clash against Barcelona on Wednesday.
“Roma-Barcelona is a difficult match. Barça won everything last season and now want to defend their title. The atmosphere at the Olimpico will be special, I advise Salah to stay calm without being influenced by the pressure of the public,” he concluded.