The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Mohamed Zidan transfers to Entag El-Harby
Entag El-Harby’s officials announced that the 33-year-old striker, Mohamed Zidan, will be joining the team for one season.
The former Borussia Dortmund player was linked with a number of Egyptian clubs including Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek. However, he decided to play for Entag El-Harby as Shawky Gharib will be leading the Cairo-based club.
Zidan played for a number of German clubs including Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburger SV and Borussia Dortmund. He also represented the national team in various competitions and had an important role in Hassan Shehata’s squad who won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2008 and 2010.
In 2012 he transfered to Baniyas who accused him of faking an injury. He later filed a complaint against the club and won a compensation.
It is worth mentioning that Zidan didn’t play any official match since December 2012.
After sealing their return to the Egyptian Premier League, Entag El-Haraby signed several players including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.