Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Mohamed Zidan transfers to Entag El-Harby
Entag El-Harby’s officials announced that the 33-year-old striker, Mohamed Zidan, will be joining the team for one season.
The former Borussia Dortmund player was linked with a number of Egyptian clubs including Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek. However, he decided to play for Entag El-Harby as Shawky Gharib will be leading the Cairo-based club.
Zidan played for a number of German clubs including Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburger SV and Borussia Dortmund. He also represented the national team in various competitions and had an important role in Hassan Shehata’s squad who won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2008 and 2010.
In 2012 he transfered to Baniyas who accused him of faking an injury. He later filed a complaint against the club and won a compensation.
It is worth mentioning that Zidan didn’t play any official match since December 2012.
After sealing their return to the Egyptian Premier League, Entag El-Haraby signed several players including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.