Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Mohamed Zidan transfers to Entag El-Harby
Entag El-Harby’s officials announced that the 33-year-old striker, Mohamed Zidan, will be joining the team for one season.
The former Borussia Dortmund player was linked with a number of Egyptian clubs including Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek. However, he decided to play for Entag El-Harby as Shawky Gharib will be leading the Cairo-based club.
Zidan played for a number of German clubs including Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburger SV and Borussia Dortmund. He also represented the national team in various competitions and had an important role in Hassan Shehata’s squad who won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2008 and 2010.
In 2012 he transfered to Baniyas who accused him of faking an injury. He later filed a complaint against the club and won a compensation.
It is worth mentioning that Zidan didn’t play any official match since December 2012.
After sealing their return to the Egyptian Premier League, Entag El-Haraby signed several players including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.