Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Mohamed Zidan transfers to Entag El-Harby
Entag El-Harby’s officials announced that the 33-year-old striker, Mohamed Zidan, will be joining the team for one season.
The former Borussia Dortmund player was linked with a number of Egyptian clubs including Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek. However, he decided to play for Entag El-Harby as Shawky Gharib will be leading the Cairo-based club.
Zidan played for a number of German clubs including Mainz 05, Werder Bremen, Hamburger SV and Borussia Dortmund. He also represented the national team in various competitions and had an important role in Hassan Shehata’s squad who won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2008 and 2010.
In 2012 he transfered to Baniyas who accused him of faking an injury. He later filed a complaint against the club and won a compensation.
It is worth mentioning that Zidan didn’t play any official match since December 2012.
After sealing their return to the Egyptian Premier League, Entag El-Haraby signed several players including Mahmoud Fathallah, Shehab Ahmed, and Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei.