Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Zizo scores off the bench in Lierse win
Lierse SK looked to end a three match losing streak in the Belgian second division as they played away to AS Eupen. The visitors took the lead, against their third placed opponents, two minutes from half time courtesy of Tahiri. They then doubled their lead in the 57th minute through Velikonja before Eupen were reduced to ten men.
Akram Afif pulled one back for Eupen on the 70th minute but Thiago Santos scored the crucial third, one minute from stoppage time.
Zizo, who came on as a substitute in the 81st minute for Tahiri, scored two minutes into added time to complete the rout. After Thiago’s great work down the right, Zizo picked up the ball 15 yards out and curled it into the near top corner.
The result leaves Lierse lying 11th on the Belgian second division table.