Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Zizo scores off the bench in Lierse win
Lierse SK looked to end a three match losing streak in the Belgian second division as they played away to AS Eupen. The visitors took the lead, against their third placed opponents, two minutes from half time courtesy of Tahiri. They then doubled their lead in the 57th minute through Velikonja before Eupen were reduced to ten men.
Akram Afif pulled one back for Eupen on the 70th minute but Thiago Santos scored the crucial third, one minute from stoppage time.
Zizo, who came on as a substitute in the 81st minute for Tahiri, scored two minutes into added time to complete the rout. After Thiago’s great work down the right, Zizo picked up the ball 15 yards out and curled it into the near top corner.
The result leaves Lierse lying 11th on the Belgian second division table.