Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Mohamed Youssef: Smouha lost to the ‘national team’
Smouha manager Mohamed Youssef has expressed satisfaction with his team’s performance against Zamalek, describing the White Knights as the ‘national team’.
The Alexandrian team coach said that he is proud of his team, especially in the first half, in which he believes they were the better side.
“I am satisfied with my team’s performance. At the end, we lost on penalties,” the former Al Ahly coach said.
Smouha played out a goalless draw against Zamalek and missed several chances to score, before losing 4-3 to the Whites in a penalty shootout.
Youssef said that Zamalek’s squad has a lot of experienced players with great technical abilities, who play for the Egyptian national team. He explained that this made his team’s mission harder.
“It was a difficult game. We were playing against the national team,” he concluded.
The ex-defender was appointed coach of Smouha in July to replace interim manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.