Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Mohamed Youssef: Smouha lost to the ‘national team’
Smouha manager Mohamed Youssef has expressed satisfaction with his team’s performance against Zamalek, describing the White Knights as the ‘national team’.
Youssef comments came after Smouha lost to Zamalek on penalties at their home ground in Alexandria Stadium in the semi-final of Egypt Cup.
The Alexandrian team coach said that he is proud of his team, especially in the first half, in which he believes they were the better side.
“I am satisfied with my team’s performance. At the end, we lost on penalties,” the former Al Ahly coach said.
Smouha played out a goalless draw against Zamalek and missed several chances to score, before losing 4-3 to the Whites in a penalty shootout.
Youssef said that Zamalek’s squad has a lot of experienced players with great technical abilities, who play for the Egyptian national team. He explained that this made his team’s mission harder.
“It was a difficult game. We were playing against the national team,” he concluded.
The ex-defender was appointed coach of Smouha in July to replace interim manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.