The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Mohamed Youssef: Smouha lost to the ‘national team’
Smouha manager Mohamed Youssef has expressed satisfaction with his team’s performance against Zamalek, describing the White Knights as the ‘national team’.
The Alexandrian team coach said that he is proud of his team, especially in the first half, in which he believes they were the better side.
“I am satisfied with my team’s performance. At the end, we lost on penalties,” the former Al Ahly coach said.
Smouha played out a goalless draw against Zamalek and missed several chances to score, before losing 4-3 to the Whites in a penalty shootout.
Youssef said that Zamalek’s squad has a lot of experienced players with great technical abilities, who play for the Egyptian national team. He explained that this made his team’s mission harder.
“It was a difficult game. We were playing against the national team,” he concluded.
The ex-defender was appointed coach of Smouha in July to replace interim manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.