Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: 18/9 – 21/9
Too many Egyptians playing abroad? Don’t have the time to watch your favorite foreign-based Egyptian players? KingFut have got you covered; we’re providing you with a roundup of all the Pharaohs Abroad performances around the globe this week.
The right wingback was left out of the starting XI for the second time in a row after achieving 100 consecutive starts for Hull City. Hull who drew 1-1 to Queen’s Park Rangers went behind first as Charlie Austin headed in after 26 minutes. Michael Dawson then scored a header for Hull City in the 38th minute. Ahmed Elmohamady came on in the 76th minute for Mohamed Diame.
The Egypt-eligible midfielder started in central midfield for Chesterfield as they lost 1-0 to Coventry in League One. Coventry took the lead in the 50th minute thanks to a goal from Adam Armstrong. Chesterfield’s captain Sam Morsy received a yellow card a minute later. In the 89th minute Chesterfield half time substitute Emmanuel Dieseruvwe was sent off for a second yellow card offence.
Ahmed ‘Zizo’ Sayed
The 19-year-old midfielder featured in his sides 3-1 win against Dessel Sport. Lierse were a goal down in the 17th minute when Janseens scored for Dessel. Lierse came back with three goals, the first two from Masika Timbe in the 42nd and 47th minute and the last was a penalty from Etien Velikonja in the 53rd minute. Zizo came on in the 79th minute to replace Velikonja. Lierse who now play in the Belgian second division currently lie 11th from 17th after an extremely poor start to the season.
Mohamed El-Nenny featured for only 26 minutes in his side’s 4-1 win against YF Juventus in the Swiss Cup. Two goals from Calla and Delgado gave Basel a 4-0 lead by the 80th minute before Mychell Da Silva converted a penalty for Juventus in the 85th minute to end the game at 4-1. FC Basel now move into the quarterfinals of the competition.
Omar Elhussieny started for FC Levadia Tallinn in their 2-2 draw with JK Silamae Kalev. He received a yellow card in the 69th minute and was substituted for Kaimar Saag in the 77th minute.
The 19-year-old Lierse player who is on loan at Omonia from Lierse started at left back against Anorthosis. Karim played the entire game which ended 0-0. This leaves Omonia in 7th place, 5 points behind leaders Anorthosis.