Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Swede Eriksson to referee Egypt Cup final
Essam Abdel-Fatah, the president of the referees’ committee, announced that the final – which will be played at the Petrosport stadium – will be managed by the experienced Swedish referee and his crew.
41-year-old Erickson is a businessman – and reportedly, a millionare – who decided to be a full-time referee in 1994, and became a full international FIFA referee in 2002. He was in charge of the 2014 FIFA World Cup final, and was the fourth official at the 2015 UEFA Champions League final.