The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Elmohamady captains Hull to cup win over Swansea
Egyptian international Ahmed Elmohamady captained Hull city for the first time ever, as they edged Swansea City 1-0 at the KC Stadium in their 2015 Capital one Cup tie.
Swansea dominated the first half, missing a host of great scoring chances, but it was Hull City who drew first blood; David Meyler followed up to bundle the looping ball home from close range after Goalkeeper Nordfeld kept out Shaun Maloney’s header.
Minutes later,the visitors could have leveled the scores when Hull ‘keeper Jakupovic saw his clearance bounce back off the post after a block by Eder. Fortunately, Jakupovic managed to clean up from the rebound to keep his side’s lead.
Early in the second half, Wayne Routledge had a goal chalked off for offside by referee James Linington.
In the end the 2013 Capital One Cup-winners were punished for their profligacy in front of goal, and the hosts hung on to claim a big win that sees them advance to the fourth round (round of 16).