Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Elmohamady captains Hull to cup win over Swansea
Egyptian international Ahmed Elmohamady captained Hull city for the first time ever, as they edged Swansea City 1-0 at the KC Stadium in their 2015 Capital one Cup tie.
Swansea dominated the first half, missing a host of great scoring chances, but it was Hull City who drew first blood; David Meyler followed up to bundle the looping ball home from close range after Goalkeeper Nordfeld kept out Shaun Maloney’s header.
Minutes later,the visitors could have leveled the scores when Hull ‘keeper Jakupovic saw his clearance bounce back off the post after a block by Eder. Fortunately, Jakupovic managed to clean up from the rebound to keep his side’s lead.
Early in the second half, Wayne Routledge had a goal chalked off for offside by referee James Linington.
In the end the 2013 Capital One Cup-winners were punished for their profligacy in front of goal, and the hosts hung on to claim a big win that sees them advance to the fourth round (round of 16).