Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Elmohamady captains Hull to cup win over Swansea
Egyptian international Ahmed Elmohamady captained Hull city for the first time ever, as they edged Swansea City 1-0 at the KC Stadium in their 2015 Capital one Cup tie.
Swansea dominated the first half, missing a host of great scoring chances, but it was Hull City who drew first blood; David Meyler followed up to bundle the looping ball home from close range after Goalkeeper Nordfeld kept out Shaun Maloney’s header.
Minutes later,the visitors could have leveled the scores when Hull ‘keeper Jakupovic saw his clearance bounce back off the post after a block by Eder. Fortunately, Jakupovic managed to clean up from the rebound to keep his side’s lead.
Early in the second half, Wayne Routledge had a goal chalked off for offside by referee James Linington.
In the end the 2013 Capital One Cup-winners were punished for their profligacy in front of goal, and the hosts hung on to claim a big win that sees them advance to the fourth round (round of 16).