Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Elmohamady captains Hull to cup win over Swansea
Egyptian international Ahmed Elmohamady captained Hull city for the first time ever, as they edged Swansea City 1-0 at the KC Stadium in their 2015 Capital one Cup tie.
Swansea dominated the first half, missing a host of great scoring chances, but it was Hull City who drew first blood; David Meyler followed up to bundle the looping ball home from close range after Goalkeeper Nordfeld kept out Shaun Maloney’s header.
Minutes later,the visitors could have leveled the scores when Hull ‘keeper Jakupovic saw his clearance bounce back off the post after a block by Eder. Fortunately, Jakupovic managed to clean up from the rebound to keep his side’s lead.
Early in the second half, Wayne Routledge had a goal chalked off for offside by referee James Linington.
In the end the 2013 Capital One Cup-winners were punished for their profligacy in front of goal, and the hosts hung on to claim a big win that sees them advance to the fourth round (round of 16).