Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
KingFut Weekly Awards – Bassem Morsi African Player of the Week
This is the KingFut Weekly Awards, where the best goals and performances of African footballers featuring worldwide are recognized.
GOAL OF THE WEEK: Cheikhou Dieng
There is no beating this beauty, the moment we saw this goal, we stopped looking for more. Senegal’s U23 player Cheikhou Dieng played a beautiful give-and-go with his teammate before finishing his efforts with an accurate bicycle kick into the top corner leaving the goalkeeper transfixed along with the spectators.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: BASSEM MORSI
He just can’t stop scoring! Bassem once again helped Zamalek to another title with his goals, his brace against Al Ahly earned the White Knights their third Egypt Cup in a row, their first domestic double in 27 years and their first win over Al Ahly in eight years.
Morsi scored his first after fooling Hussein El-Sayed and finishing the ball with his weak foot past Sherif Ekramy. The 24-year-old striker’s second came purely from a solo effort. The two goals raise the Morsi’s goal tally this season to 26 goals in all competitions.