Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Pirates’ Manyisa set to miss Al Ahly clash
The midfielder has been sidelined with an ankle fracture, which he sustained in the Buccaneer’s barren stalemate against Polokwane City on Tuesday.
In a statement released by the club’s official website, the 27-year-old was declared unfit to feature against the Red Devils on Saturday. Team doctor Lazarus Maphakele also revealed that Manyisa’s left ankle is swollen and has limited range of movements, after conducting a clinical examination.
“Clinical examination revealed swelling and limited range of movement of the left ankle,” Maphakele told Orlando Pirates’ official website.
Manyisa is the South Africans’ leading scorer in this year’s CAF Confederation Cup. His presence is likely to be significantly missed.
Al Ahly coach Fathy Mabrouk had previously announced his squad for the encounter.