Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Elmohamady assists as Hull waste lead against Blackburn
The first half ended goalless after Hull’s Abel Hernandez failed to convert Elmohamady’s cross into the net, sending it narrowly wide.
Hull City forced their control over the game in the second half. They dominated the possession and had several chances to score.
In the 73rd minute, Hernandez tried his luck again and managed to open the scoring from a counter-attack. Rovers were appealing for a free kick when the Uruguayan striker tapped in a low cross from Elmohamady to give Hull City the lead.
Hull missed the chance to double the scoreline and secure the match points as Shaun Maloney’s header went wide.
The Tigers were close to earn all three points, however they conceded a goal in the injury time. Rhodes scored Rovers’ goal from a header to level the scoreline and clinch his team a point.
With this draw, Hull sit in the 4th place of the Championship table with 15 points from nine games played. They drew with 18th place Blackburn Rovers, who collected only eight points. Hull will next face Nottingham Forest away in the 10th round of the league.