Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Elmohamady assists as Hull waste lead against Blackburn
The first half ended goalless after Hull’s Abel Hernandez failed to convert Elmohamady’s cross into the net, sending it narrowly wide.
Hull City forced their control over the game in the second half. They dominated the possession and had several chances to score.
In the 73rd minute, Hernandez tried his luck again and managed to open the scoring from a counter-attack. Rovers were appealing for a free kick when the Uruguayan striker tapped in a low cross from Elmohamady to give Hull City the lead.
Hull missed the chance to double the scoreline and secure the match points as Shaun Maloney’s header went wide.
The Tigers were close to earn all three points, however they conceded a goal in the injury time. Rhodes scored Rovers’ goal from a header to level the scoreline and clinch his team a point.
With this draw, Hull sit in the 4th place of the Championship table with 15 points from nine games played. They drew with 18th place Blackburn Rovers, who collected only eight points. Hull will next face Nottingham Forest away in the 10th round of the league.