The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
VIDEO: Salah scores as Roma thrash Carpi
The Giallorossi totally outplayed their opponents, and the large margin of victory was well-deserved.
Konstantinos Manolas scored the opener in the 24th minute, after teammate Lucas Digne’s weak long-range effort hit the Greek defender inside the box, leaving him one-on-one with the goalkeeper 8 yards out.
Pjanic doubled the lead in the 28th minute with a neat free-kick that looped over the wall and into the bottom left corner.
Gervinho made it three just a couple of minutes later; Maicon’s hopeful effort from a tough angle was fumbled by the Carpi shot-stopper, and the Ivorian was on hand to tap home.
Marco Boriello reduced the arrears seconds later with his side’s only goal of the match, twisting his body awkwardly to head past Morgan De Sanctis.
Six minutes into the second half, Salah further compounded the visitors’ misery; Totti selfishly went for goal with the Egyptian unmarked in front of an empty net, but the deflection on the saved shot fell into the Basyoun-born attacker’s path and he duly poked home.
Digne rounded out the scoring 17 minutes later, bundling the ball over the line after Maicon put the ball into the area.
Roma’s next match is away to BATE Borisov in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday, September 29.
Watch the goals below: