Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Mabrouk: Ahly are a team of champions
During the post-match conference, Al Ahly boss Fathi Mabrouk expressed his thoughts about the team’s preparation for the game, their chances in the second leg and the mistakes leading to the loss.
“We spoke about the speed and performance of the Pirates since we were in Egypt. We struggled with it early on. I’m disappointed with the result because we had chances to make our possession count,” Mabrouk said during a post-match news conference according to the Pirates’ Twitter feed.
Mabrouk added that in the return leg, the Red Devils need to take advantage of opportunities.
“We played a good game and the only difference for us was how we were missing the easy opportunities. But this is football. We learn,” he concluded.
On the other side, Pirates coach Eric Tinkler said he was happy with the game’s outcome despite the team committing a few poor decisions.
“It was important to keep a clean sheet at home versus a good team. We defended very well. I’m happy with the 1-0 win. Objective done,” Tinkler said. “Now it’s up to Ahly to come at us.”
The second leg will be played next week, and the Red Devils will be given a second chance to recoup from today’s loss in hopes of qualifying into the CAF Confederation Cup final for the second season in a row.