Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Egypt down Angola in AfroBasket Women 2015
Egyptian women’s national basketball team defeated reigning champions Angola in the 2015 FIBA Africa Championship for Women in Cameroon.
The Pharaohs won their fourth match of the AfroBasket 2015 tournament with a close result of 53-52 against Angola.
Despite being the youngest team in the championship with seven players who had just participated in the 2015 U-19 World Championship, the Pharaohs comfortably won the opening match with a whopping score of 96-55 against Algeria.
Keeping their spirits and momentum high after their smashing first victory, the ladies defeated Guinea 81-73 in the second match. The winning streak came to an end after Egypt was defeated by Nigeria 97-68, but that wasn’t enough to down the ladies as they came back the next match to defeat reigning champions Angola 53-52.
Egypt are tied in points with Angola and Nigeria with seven points each but the Pharaohs lie third due to goal average. Egypt are set to face Senegal on Tuesday in the final match of the group stage.
Update: Egypt lost to Senegal 72-84 in the final game of the group stage.