Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Egypt down Angola in AfroBasket Women 2015
Egyptian women’s national basketball team defeated reigning champions Angola in the 2015 FIBA Africa Championship for Women in Cameroon.
The Pharaohs won their fourth match of the AfroBasket 2015 tournament with a close result of 53-52 against Angola.
Egypt were drawn in Group B with Algeria, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal and reigning champions Angola.
Despite being the youngest team in the championship with seven players who had just participated in the 2015 U-19 World Championship, the Pharaohs comfortably won the opening match with a whopping score of 96-55 against Algeria.
Keeping their spirits and momentum high after their smashing first victory, the ladies defeated Guinea 81-73 in the second match. The winning streak came to an end after Egypt was defeated by Nigeria 97-68, but that wasn’t enough to down the ladies as they came back the next match to defeat reigning champions Angola 53-52.
Egypt are tied in points with Angola and Nigeria with seven points each but the Pharaohs lie third due to goal average. Egypt are set to face Senegal on Tuesday in the final match of the group stage.
Update: Egypt lost to Senegal 72-84 in the final game of the group stage.