Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Mabrouk determined to beat Orlando, wishes for fans attendance
Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk said that his players are determined to overcome Orlando Pirates in the second leg of the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final.
Reigning champions Al Ahly are to host South African Orlando Pirates on Sunday as they look forward to turn around their one-goal deficit, as they lost 1-0 away.
The former Al Ahly player took the chance after Thursday’s training session to motivate his players and reassure the fans before the upcoming game. He said that the players have enough motivation to win the game and reach the final.
“Al Ahly is a champion, losing a game does not mean we can’t advance. The players have the experience to deal with such situations,” Mabrouk said.
Mabrouk, however, expressed his disappointment that the game will be played in an empty stadium, saying that the attendance of the fans would have a positive effect on the players.
“I wish the fans could attend; it would motivate the players. Fans are an integral part of any club’s success,” he concluded.
Al Ahly lost their away game against the South African side in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final. The 64-year-old coach will be hoping his forwards finish their easy chances, a problem that he previously pointed out in the post-match conference.