Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Warda among 6 foreign-based players called up for national team
Egypt coach Héctor Cúper called up six foreign-based players to join the national team training camp in the UAE ahead of the upcoming friendlies.
Egypt will face Senegal and Zambia on the 8th and the 11th of October respectively as part of their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
The Argentine coach included Panetolikos FC player Amr Warda, who moved to the Greek team in the summer transfer window, in the squad.
Mohamed Salah (AS Roma), Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel), Ahmed Hassan Koka (SC Braga), Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (RSC Anderlecht) , Mohamed Abel-Shafy (Al Ahli Jeddah) and Amr Warda (Panetolikos) have all received call-ups from Cúper.
59-year-old Cúper has previously named 13 players from each of Al Ahly and Zamalek in his initial 56-man squad list. The Argentine coach is yet to decide the final squad list that will be traveling the to UAE to attend the training camp.