Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Warda among 6 foreign-based players called up for national team
Egypt will face Senegal and Zambia on the 8th and the 11th of October respectively as part of their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
The Argentine coach included Panetolikos FC player Amr Warda, who moved to the Greek team in the summer transfer window, in the squad.
Mohamed Salah (AS Roma), Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel), Ahmed Hassan Koka (SC Braga), Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (RSC Anderlecht) , Mohamed Abel-Shafy (Al Ahli Jeddah) and Amr Warda (Panetolikos) have all received call-ups from Cúper.
59-year-old Cúper has previously named 13 players from each of Al Ahly and Zamalek in his initial 56-man squad list. The Argentine coach is yet to decide the final squad list that will be traveling the to UAE to attend the training camp.