ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Warda among 6 foreign-based players called up for national team
Egypt will face Senegal and Zambia on the 8th and the 11th of October respectively as part of their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
The Argentine coach included Panetolikos FC player Amr Warda, who moved to the Greek team in the summer transfer window, in the squad.
Mohamed Salah (AS Roma), Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel), Ahmed Hassan Koka (SC Braga), Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (RSC Anderlecht) , Mohamed Abel-Shafy (Al Ahli Jeddah) and Amr Warda (Panetolikos) have all received call-ups from Cúper.
59-year-old Cúper has previously named 13 players from each of Al Ahly and Zamalek in his initial 56-man squad list. The Argentine coach is yet to decide the final squad list that will be traveling the to UAE to attend the training camp.