Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Warda among 6 foreign-based players called up for national team
Egypt coach Héctor Cúper called up six foreign-based players to join the national team training camp in the UAE ahead of the upcoming friendlies.
Egypt will face Senegal and Zambia on the 8th and the 11th of October respectively as part of their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
The Argentine coach included Panetolikos FC player Amr Warda, who moved to the Greek team in the summer transfer window, in the squad.
Mohamed Salah (AS Roma), Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel), Ahmed Hassan Koka (SC Braga), Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (RSC Anderlecht) , Mohamed Abel-Shafy (Al Ahli Jeddah) and Amr Warda (Panetolikos) have all received call-ups from Cúper.
59-year-old Cúper has previously named 13 players from each of Al Ahly and Zamalek in his initial 56-man squad list. The Argentine coach is yet to decide the final squad list that will be traveling the to UAE to attend the training camp.