Egypt international Amr Warda assisted twice in his league debut with PAOK as...
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
Hossam Paulo nets hat-trick as Egypt thrash Guinea in World Military Cup
The Egyptian military national team kicked off the World Military Cup in exciting fashion, dispatching Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
General Mounir Hegazy, the manager of the military national team, would have expected nothing less, given the strong side sent to participate in the games, which features the likes of Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik, Ibraim Abdel-Khalek, and Mohamed Abdel Shafy among others.
The competition is being held in South Korea from September 28 to October 12.
Leading the way were two Smouha players, Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ and Alaa Ali. Paulo netted a hat-trick, while Ali scored one. Ahmed Temsah and Mohamed Maged ‘Aunsh’ scored the other two goals to lead the military team to a comfortable first win in the opener of their military campaign.
Egypt is in group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria. Reigning champions Iraq failed to qualify. It should be noted that Egypt won the World Military Cup five times, sitting in the third place after eight-time champions Italy and second-placed Greece, who won it six times.