Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Hossam Paulo nets hat-trick as Egypt thrash Guinea in World Military Cup
The Egyptian military national team kicked off the World Military Cup in exciting fashion, dispatching Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
General Mounir Hegazy, the manager of the military national team, would have expected nothing less, given the strong side sent to participate in the games, which features the likes of Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik, Ibraim Abdel-Khalek, and Mohamed Abdel Shafy among others.
The competition is being held in South Korea from September 28 to October 12.
Leading the way were two Smouha players, Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ and Alaa Ali. Paulo netted a hat-trick, while Ali scored one. Ahmed Temsah and Mohamed Maged ‘Aunsh’ scored the other two goals to lead the military team to a comfortable first win in the opener of their military campaign.
Egypt is in group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria. Reigning champions Iraq failed to qualify. It should be noted that Egypt won the World Military Cup five times, sitting in the third place after eight-time champions Italy and second-placed Greece, who won it six times.