Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Hossam Paulo nets hat-trick as Egypt thrash Guinea in World Military Cup
The Egyptian military national team kicked off the World Military Cup in exciting fashion, dispatching Guinea 6-1 in their first game.
General Mounir Hegazy, the manager of the military national team, would have expected nothing less, given the strong side sent to participate in the games, which features the likes of Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik, Ibraim Abdel-Khalek, and Mohamed Abdel Shafy among others.
The competition is being held in South Korea from September 28 to October 12.
Leading the way were two Smouha players, Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ and Alaa Ali. Paulo netted a hat-trick, while Ali scored one. Ahmed Temsah and Mohamed Maged ‘Aunsh’ scored the other two goals to lead the military team to a comfortable first win in the opener of their military campaign.
Egypt is in group B, alongside Guinea, Brazil, Canada, and Oman. Group A consists of South Korea, Qatar, United States, France, and Algeria. Reigning champions Iraq failed to qualify. It should be noted that Egypt won the World Military Cup five times, sitting in the third place after eight-time champions Italy and second-placed Greece, who won it six times.