Zamalek earned a comfortable 3-0 win over Dakhelya in Mohamed Helmy’s first...
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veroia hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
El-Nenny plays 90 minutes in Basel win over Lech Poznan
Mohamed El-Nenny played all 90 minutes, as his side won 2-0 at home to Lech Poznan in Group I of the 2015/16 Europa League.
The reigning Swiss Super League champions did not claim the three points easily, despite the fairly comfortable-looking scoreline.
Midfielder Birkir Bjarnason opened the scoring for Basel in the 55th minute, after being set up by Walter Samuel.
The goal came six minutes after Karol Linetty was sent off for a second yellow card, to compound the visitors’ misery.
Teenage sensation Breel Embolo wrapped up the points in the final seconds of the match, with Mark Janko claiming the assist.
The win means Basel have now won both of their Group I games, and sees them sit at the top of the group with six points, three ahead of second-placed Fiorentina.