In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Ferreira has confidence in his team, hopes to face Pirates in the final
Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira has expressed his confidence in his team’s ability to overcome Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final.
The Whites will host the Tunisian side on Saturday in the return leg of the semi-final stage, after losing 5-1 away.
“If Etoile du Sahel managed to score five goals, then that means Zamalek can score five goals too,” Ferreira said in the pre-match press conference on Friday.
Zamalek have a tough mission ahead, as they need to score four unanswered goals during Saturday’s clash to advance to the competition’s final.
“We know that Etoile du Sahel will rely on counterattacks, but we will try to find a solution for this problem and we will give our all to reach our target,” the Portuguese coach said.
69-year-old Ferreira said that unlike Etoile du Sahel coach Faouzi Benzarti, he would prefer to face Orlando Pirates in the final. Benzarti, who has already placed one foot in the final, expressed his hopes of playing against Cairo giants Al Ahly in the final.
“In case we managed to make a comeback against Etoile du Sahel, I hope to face Orlando Pirates in the final,” Ferreira concluded.
The Red Devils, who have lost to Orlando Pirates 1-0 away, will host the South African side in the return leg on Sunday.