Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Ferreira has confidence in his team, hopes to face Pirates in the final
Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira has expressed his confidence in his team’s ability to overcome Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final.
The Whites will host the Tunisian side on Saturday in the return leg of the semi-final stage, after losing 5-1 away.
“If Etoile du Sahel managed to score five goals, then that means Zamalek can score five goals too,” Ferreira said in the pre-match press conference on Friday.
Zamalek have a tough mission ahead, as they need to score four unanswered goals during Saturday’s clash to advance to the competition’s final.
“We know that Etoile du Sahel will rely on counterattacks, but we will try to find a solution for this problem and we will give our all to reach our target,” the Portuguese coach said.
69-year-old Ferreira said that unlike Etoile du Sahel coach Faouzi Benzarti, he would prefer to face Orlando Pirates in the final. Benzarti, who has already placed one foot in the final, expressed his hopes of playing against Cairo giants Al Ahly in the final.
“In case we managed to make a comeback against Etoile du Sahel, I hope to face Orlando Pirates in the final,” Ferreira concluded.
The Red Devils, who have lost to Orlando Pirates 1-0 away, will host the South African side in the return leg on Sunday.