Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Ferreira has confidence in his team, hopes to face Pirates in the final
Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira has expressed his confidence in his team’s ability to overcome Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final.
The Whites will host the Tunisian side on Saturday in the return leg of the semi-final stage, after losing 5-1 away.
“If Etoile du Sahel managed to score five goals, then that means Zamalek can score five goals too,” Ferreira said in the pre-match press conference on Friday.
Zamalek have a tough mission ahead, as they need to score four unanswered goals during Saturday’s clash to advance to the competition’s final.
“We know that Etoile du Sahel will rely on counterattacks, but we will try to find a solution for this problem and we will give our all to reach our target,” the Portuguese coach said.
69-year-old Ferreira said that unlike Etoile du Sahel coach Faouzi Benzarti, he would prefer to face Orlando Pirates in the final. Benzarti, who has already placed one foot in the final, expressed his hopes of playing against Cairo giants Al Ahly in the final.
“In case we managed to make a comeback against Etoile du Sahel, I hope to face Orlando Pirates in the final,” Ferreira concluded.
The Red Devils, who have lost to Orlando Pirates 1-0 away, will host the South African side in the return leg on Sunday.