KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Orlando Pirates coach: Zamalek are more difficult than Al Ahly
Ahead of their upcoming clash in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final, Orlando Pirates coach Eric Tinkler said that Cairo Giants Al Ahly are not a difficult team to face.
Al Ahly will host Orlando Pirates on Sunday in the second-leg after losing to the South African side away 1-0.
Tinkler spoke about his team’s match against Al Ahly in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-finals saying that they intend to attack and score despite having a goal advantage.
“We won’t just sit back and relax but attack and open them up so that they don’t come hard on us. It won’t be a walk in the park but we can win the game,” Tinkler said.
Moreover, the South African coach claimed that Egyptian league champions Zamalek would be a more difficult opponent than Al Ahly. Orlando lost their two games against Zamalek in the Confederation Cup group stage. The Whites defeated them 2-1 away before beating them 4-1 in Cairo.
“We have played against them before in the Champions League and they are not a difficult team. Zamalek are more difficult than Al Ahly, but we won’t take the game on Sunday for granted,” he said.
Al Ahly faced Orlando Pirates back in 2013 in the CAF Champions League final. Mohamed Abou-Treika was then able to lead the Reds to beat the South Africans, crowning them as the African title for the eighth time.
The Red Devils coach Fathi Mabrouk said earlier that his players are determined to overcome Orlando Pirates in the second leg.
“Al Ahly is a champion, losing a game does not mean we can’t advance. The players have the experience to deal with such situations,” Mabrouk said.